Thursday, January 9, 2014

Now that I'm older.

It's different now I think.

It's been a while since I've written. Truth is, it's been a rough month. I said goodbye to my father who passed away a month ago. We weren't the closest, but that doesn't make it any easier. In fact, maybe makes it a little harder in some ways. If he were here today I'd say 'Dad, I love you. I'm sorry. I forgive you. I understand you.'
It's a part of life, and I'm at peace with that. I know time will make it a little better.



On a different note, I went back to my New Year's post from last year to see how I did with my resolutions. (or 'new year's wishes' as I like to call them.)
I did pretty well. Some were continuous ones that will roll over into this and many years to come.

Here's a little instagram picture review of what I accomplished off that list I made last year.



...and here is my new list of wishes for 2014.
Continue to use my film cameras more
Learn to crochet and/or knit.
Go camping. [real camping!]
Keep up the violin.
Continue to practice more patience.
Continue to stay healthy. [better diet and regular exercise]
Keep my herb garden alive!
Be able to do a headstand without the support of a wall.
Be happy.

I find that putting these here makes me more accountable, and more likely to find the time to make it happen.

Thanks for reading! More photography centered blogposts to come, I promise.

With a heavy, but warm heart.
Dee

1 comment:

  1. Dee,

    Can't believe I missed this. Saying good bye is never easy no matter what. Just know you can always say what you need to say and he will hear you and time will make it a little better. Hugs xoxo.
    LOVE your instagram resolutions! So cute and um....I will hold you to shooting more film and going camping! Real camping! Let's go!! (I'm scared of frogs though). As for the patience I suggest getting another dog, make it a terrier or you can borrow mine anytime. Also, drive more in rush hour traffic :)
    Thanks for your posts! It is always nice to see what you're up to!

    ReplyDelete